Quantum Northwest provides three Windows-based software packages. Our main program is T-App, a program that may be used for remote computer control of any of the temperature controllers that we manufacture. Connected via a USB, T-App issues commands to the controller and reads responses, displaying time-dependent data on the computer screen. A special version of T-App, called Q-Blue is provided free of charge with our qpod 2e product line. A third version of T-App, called T-App(S) is written specifically to control the Shimadzu UV-1800 UV/Vis/NIR Spectrophotometer. Any of these programs has the following capabilities:
• Set a target temperature and start temperature control. Watch whether the cuvette holder temperature is seeking or holding.
• Turn magnetic stirring on or off, or for the New Generation TC 1, set any desired stirring speed.
• Plot the temperature of the single cuvette holder (or both temperatures of a dual cuvette holder), as well as the temperature of the sample as a function of time. If desired, save plots for later use.
• Save temperature time course data for later use in a spreadsheet.
• Use the tools menu to control temperature ramping by entering rate of change and final temperature.
• Load a script of simple text commands to control complex experiments
We also offer an ADL program for working with Cary products that operate under Agilent’s WinUV.
T-App – Temperature application software
T-App(S) – Temperature application for the Shimadzu UV-1800 UV/Vis/NIR Spectrophotometer
Q-Blue – Temperature application software for the qpod 2e
WinUV/ADL – Temperature ramping ADL program for the Cary 60, 100, 300, 4000, 5000, 6000i, and 7000